02.-04. July: This week we had the pleasure of welcoming a delegation from USSH Hanoi under leadership of Prof. Dr. Minh. On Tuesday Prof. Dr. Minh gave a lecture on "Understanding Vietnam's Foreign Policy." On Thursday a lecture by Dr. Trang followed on the topic of "ASEAN’s Role in Regional Security Management: The Case of Mekong Sub-region."
08. May 2019: IFZO Security Policy Cluster Kickoff Workshop to the topic "Russian Foreign Policy and its Perception in the Baltic Sea Region." Prof. Dr. Bussmann and Natalia Iost participated with a presentation on "Militarized Interstate Disputes in the Baltic Sea Region."
17. April 2019: Prof. Dr. Bussmann and Marin Kerntopf took part on an international conference on "Cooperation And Integration in the Baltic Region and Southeast Asia: A Comparative Perspective" in Hanoi, Vietnam. Here they spoke about the regional security complex of the Baltic Sea Region.
01. April 2019: We congratulate Anja Menzel on her successful defense on the topic of „Sailing the Waters of Institutional Complexity – State-to-State Cooperation on the Combat of Maritime Piracy”
24. March 2019: Martin Kerntopf took part on the Baltic Connections conference in Helsinki, Finland. Topic of his talk: The Baltic Sea Region: Contentious Narratives and the (Re-) Construction of a Regional Security Complex?
26. February 2019: The University of Greifswald now has a Interdisciplinary Centre for Baltic Sea Region Research (IFZO) in which the Chair of International Relations and Regional Studies participates.